Skip to main content

You Nork Mow Lawners

Today was my first "fast food Monday" My new schedule looks like this .... Volunteering at the church office in the am, while Sam is at school, Stop at store to get Ricotta cheese, to finish a lasagna dinner I am making for a neighbor with a new baby. It seems that ricotta cheese is not as common a thing as one might think, you can't stop at a quick IGA gas station, or even United Dairy Farmer, or even my discount grocer. That is what I get for trying to save time and money, next time, I will go all the way to Kroger, and pay whatever. :P
So, no cheese, must rush home to meet the bus, then throw pizza at Sam, and go out to find cheese, which you can see wasn't as simple as I had planned, but I got it, I now have 45 minutes to start cooking pasta, and assembling, and baking the cookie brownie bars, then I have to get in the car again, and go pick up Jessie (babysitter being babysat by me) from the Jr. High school by 2:15. We get home, and I go into frenzy mode. I throw brownies in oven, and finish assembling lasagna. Too bad I put 2x the amount of butter it said on the box, oh well, that's why I'm not a baker .... oh wait .... fail .:P
Now, did I mention the fascinating convo I had with my daughter while hunting the illusive cheese? She sat in the back, with two windows open, and music playing, and proceeded to tell me a story, about some play at school about Peter Rabbit, I couldn't hear her, because she was mumbling, and I said as much, to which she answered.
"Mom, I am not mumbling, I am just talking, there is something wrong with your ears!"
I did catch something about Peter Rabbit being from "You Nork" I was trying to get out of her, how she came to that conclusion, and she explained,
"Well, I think he lived there, and I think PROBALLY, his first house, when he was really really little, was in You Nork, so that means he is from You Nork."
I said why?
"WHY? There is no WHY about it! He is just from You Nork!"
Yes, she said every single time, and I would have been rolling laughing if I hadn't been driving, I was trying to memorize it all, so I would remember it when I went to record it all.
Let's see, oh yes, I finish making the dinner, in time to make a wrap for me to eat, since I havent, ALL DAY, I did consume 3 thermoses of coffee, but nothing better. SO I sit, to eat, and sort coupons, for 30 minutes tops, I get half of the wrap down, and don't feel very relaxed as I get up to go kibitz with the neighbors while waiting for Grant's bus.
Now it's 4:15, we need to leave by 4:30 to drop off the meal, and tale Jessie to Gymnastics, then come back to the other side of town for Grant's soccer practice, the timing is perfect, it takes about 30-40 minutes to go through the McD's and get nuggets for kids and salad for me, then drive back to the soccer fields, where Mommy can SIT, and eat salad, and relax. We notice that the fields have been freshly cut, but "Mow Lawners" according to my son, much to his own amusement.
Grant gets dressed in the car, and I look at his clothes, and ask ..
"Grant, did you get a napkin with your meal?"
"Yeah"
"Then WHY do you have crumbs ALL OVER your shirt?" (this is our current Pet peeve, children using clothes for napkins) UGH!
he quips back at me ...
"Man, I can't wait to grow up and be a scientist, then I am going to make shirts out of napkins!"

I am feeling on top of it all, like I actually made it through the first Fast Food Monday, when something flashes in my brain.
Have you seen the commercial where one soccer mom says to the other .. "Does my kid look a little sluggish today?"
And you see a giant box of french fries in soccer cleats out on the feild .... something about healthy kids eating real food, and being better in sports ....... and yeah ..... I just threw my kid out on the field with those french fries in his belly .... fail ....
heh .. oh well, the lasagna was good! :)

Comments

  1. love this part where you have more time to tell the stories of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara!!! Remember me? Maiden name was Walters. I just recently found Kaite's blog and said hi to her and now I thought I would say hi to you. I can't believe how many years it has been since we last saw each other!

    We have a family blog if you care to see lots of pictures. It's private (didn't want the whole internet world seeing pictures of my kids) so I can send an invite to your yahoo email listed on your blog.

    I hope you and your family are well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Janet! SO glad you posted! I was just looking to see how out of date I am, and so glad I did, I am sorry it took so long, but yes, I'd love to see your blog, and catch up! I did get the invite, but it didn't work. Try sending me one at VTpenguin@gmail.com that is my regular email. Hope to chat soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force.

As hard as i try, the Force is strong, and they keep trying to pull over the innocent to the dark side. (we left the kids alone with thier Grandparents for 30 minutes, and this is what i come back to! You just can't trust anyone! ) "Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke... Luke... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family." **sigh**, they ARE cute, maybe we could superimpose a Yankees symbol over her shirt? Then i could use it for Christmas pictures! :) "Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope." "Yoda spoke of another. " "The other he spoke of is your twin sister.........."

Wordless Wednesday #5 ..... Introducing .... HAGRID_da_pig =D

More Wordless Wednedays HERE

Almost Wordless Wednesday #24 .....why boys and girls are different ...TAKE 2

Their drastically different mothering skills are seen at a young age Girls..... annnnd BOYS ..... More Wordless Wednesdays HERE