Skip to main content

Picture ...not so Perfect .. :P

SO, Yesterday was loads of fun .... BTW ..(that means By The Way for any non-texties out there) I re-started writing, inspired by something my lovely Sister said ... well my sis-in-law, but she would be another sister to me even if she wasn't "married in" :) Anyway, she said once, she felt like she lost some of her creativity, and used a little less brain muscle when sticking primarialy to FaceBook. The blog offers more space, and requires more thinking to write something remotely entertaining, so I have started back at it, since writing is something I do fairly well, and I like to tell stories, and apparently, my life is sort of funny, or at least when I tell it that way. ;)
SO, back to yesterday. Super fun day! :P I have been on ice and rest for most of the week, due to my back, and so I have had alot of things in the house pile up. Yesterday I decided I would stay home, and work on the things that needed to be done. I finished the paint in the bathroom, no more tarps for bath mats, and paint buckets to trip over in the middle of the night, no more blue tape! Then I cleaned off the bar in the kitchen, (it's an Island type thing, but actually a big oak bar, brass rail and all, it's great for putting out appetizers and drinks for parties, but not so practical for real life, and a FABULOUS paper catcher) so i cleaned it off. Do you have ANY clue how many papers two little kids can bring home in one school week? It's astronomical! UGH! Anyway ..i got some stuff done, and I sat out on the deck in the sun and had girl time with Sammy, we painted our nails. Something I only do in Summer, and only my feet so the look less hideous in my new LLBean flippies. Sam of course got the full mani-pedi, and was exclaiming all day long how she couldn't believe how beautiful they looked, and how dazzled everyone would be when they saw, and oooh and ahhh, and that is NOT my kid! :D It was nice to see that 30 minutes of my time made such an impact, I must do it more often, and maybe a little less girly.
Normal stuff, then my babysitter got here, and I sent her, Samantha and the pooch out in the sun with the intent of finally folding all that clean laundry, and catching up on Gilrmore Girls (LOVE my dvr!) Well, the first thing I did, was pull out soccer uniforms, we had team pictures last night, so i needed uniforms, I found everything but ONE black sock. >_< I then spent the time searching hi and low for the dern thing, finally finding it in time to go out and catch Grant's bus, then I sat out front with neighbors while all the kids played and biked and ran.
I also checked my email, and saw that the email said Sam's pictures were at 5:15, and Grant's were at 6:15 so, I left with half dressed kids, a bag full of snacky picnic type foods to feed children between shoeing and hair fixing and picture taking.
I get there, and NO one from Sam's team was there yet, excpt one mom, whom I actually introduced myself to (of which I was very proud, until I said WHOA! about her having 5 kids under 7 and I think she took it wrong dern!)
Anyway, so I'm too early, no big, lets sit and eat, and put on cleats and fix hair and Mommy can fill out the order forms, except, OMG! No check book, at least no the right one. :P ok ok, we figure that out, but no coaches here, so I don't know my team name, or group number, and OMG! I brought cheddar jack cheeze-it's, and my neatly made up children are now covered in orange cheese powder from the top of their head to their knee socks!. >_< Way to go mommy.:P
Pack up! Walking back to the car, cause smart mommy has baby wipes in the glove box, as I walk I pass many other children, and neat ones too, and lots and lots of girls with bows in their parfect hair that perfectly match their jersey, and 30 minutes ago, it made me feel a little sub-par, but now, I think , Their "perfect hair and bow kid" is my "Clean face and shirt kid". It all evens out.
I finally find teams, and people I recognize, and get a team name, and group number, and proceed to fill out BOTH forms most efficiently, which would have been really good, if both kids were on the same team, which their NOT! OI with the Poodles! Now I am bouncing between two teams, looking like I'm there, and I care, and trying to get order forms filled out, and my daughter decides she is picking wildflowers like it or not mom, so I may be walking, but she is meandering, amongst probably hundreds of kids and parents in soccer uniforms, being most likely the shortest one there.
Did I mention how much fun I had? So much flippin' fun that I put children to bed ASAP, no bath, although, how on earth they got THAT dirty by waiting to get their picture taken I'll never know! No real dinner, not more then the granola bars and the cheeze-its that disappeared out of the blue unbeknown to them.
Yeah, it was something else, and made my glass of wine with dinner QUITE deserved!

Comments

  1. Very funny Sara! I must say it gives me an evil satisfaction that you are learning about what I went thru for the last many years with David and Jake --two years apart-baseball, soccer, football, youth group GAH!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force.

As hard as i try, the Force is strong, and they keep trying to pull over the innocent to the dark side. (we left the kids alone with thier Grandparents for 30 minutes, and this is what i come back to! You just can't trust anyone! ) "Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke... Luke... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family." **sigh**, they ARE cute, maybe we could superimpose a Yankees symbol over her shirt? Then i could use it for Christmas pictures! :) "Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope." "Yoda spoke of another. " "The other he spoke of is your twin sister.........."

Wordless Wednesday #5 ..... Introducing .... HAGRID_da_pig =D

More Wordless Wednedays HERE

Almost Wordless Wednesday #24 .....why boys and girls are different ...TAKE 2

Their drastically different mothering skills are seen at a young age Girls..... annnnd BOYS ..... More Wordless Wednesdays HERE