Skip to main content

Mommy! That Watermelon BIT me!


So, um yeah,this weekend we got alot done, put up the new flag bright and crisp. We had our van repaired, installed the AC, set up grants room for summer, and oh yeah, I put in a new screen door by myself!. Well, i replaced the screen on my sliding patio doors :)
Somehow though, i could not handle the fruit salad. :P I had a Grandiose plan to make a cute pinked edged watermelon fruit basket and fill it with a lovely salad. I was two minutes into my project, slicing a bit off the bottom to level it, and i kept thinking, I'm gonna loose this other hand if i don;t move.......DOH!
OWIEEEEEEEEEEEEE ....... yuh i stabbed my thumb with the gigantic carving knife :( not a long cut but DEEP, hit the bone, I nearly puked, fainted, went spazzy, then broke into a cold sweat. My boy scout hubby said it was shock, huh, I guess im the sibling who has never felt that. LOL NOW i get it! so, we wrapped it up, i chopped at fruit with one hand, Mikey carved the watermelon, very well i might add ... and i had to keep my arm up over my heart all day at our friends BBQ. So fun :P
It's much better today, but hinders my already lacking typing capabilities. :P
Here's hoping for sun all week long!

Comments

  1. You forgot to mention how you went to doctor and got tetanus shot????

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to know somethings haven't really changed!! . . . and that you avoided a worse injury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't stand the sight of your own blood? Sounds like either some really old Nazarenes or perhaps that is why I haven't seen you in ages huh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force.

As hard as i try, the Force is strong, and they keep trying to pull over the innocent to the dark side. (we left the kids alone with thier Grandparents for 30 minutes, and this is what i come back to! You just can't trust anyone! ) "Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke... Luke... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family." **sigh**, they ARE cute, maybe we could superimpose a Yankees symbol over her shirt? Then i could use it for Christmas pictures! :) "Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope." "Yoda spoke of another. " "The other he spoke of is your twin sister.........."

Wordless Wednesday #5 ..... Introducing .... HAGRID_da_pig =D

More Wordless Wednedays HERE

Almost Wordless Wednesday #24 .....why boys and girls are different ...TAKE 2

Their drastically different mothering skills are seen at a young age Girls..... annnnd BOYS ..... More Wordless Wednesdays HERE