Skip to main content

C is for Cookie .......... not quite good enough :P

Yuh, no joke dude .......
So, Thanksgiving, I just want to start by saying that DUDE, not only did it creep up on me this year, it smacked me upside the head with a cricket bat, then stomped on my comatose body while shouting through a bull horn. FALL BREAK!!
Yesterday were my kids' harvest parties at school. For which i volunteered my services of course. I mean, they love it when Mom shows up in the classroom, and I have the time ..... i think ..... :P
I was bringing, 2 doz cookies to Sam's party, and a Pumpkin Pie and 4 bags of candy corn to Grant's. Seems simple ya? The pumpkin pie, I already knew I would buy, I have not made one yet, and I am NOT experimenting on a classroom of kids, they don't care where I got it!
I also, don't shoot me, decided last minute to BUY cookie dough. :o Do not shoot me! I don't bake .... oh wait .... hmm ... never mind, moving on. Same thought process, kids don't care, easy and fast, and yummy. Well, I was thinking there would be festive fall cookie dough out there, you know, you cut it and it has a pic or colors or something in it ...... yeah no, big problem in my thinking.
See, I thought it was Thanksgiving ...PRE-Thanksgiving at that, meaning, you can still buy FALL foods, and candy, and such ...... OH NO! It is now December, did you know? Did you know that we don't even recognize thanksgiving anymore? It's now ..."That day we eat ourselves silly to carb up for energy to go shopping on Black Friday". Yup, My cynic brain went there, and won't be swayed, I'm appalled LOL.
So I get sugar cookie dough, thinking I can decorate them with fall sprinkles or something ....... IF a store carried them! THEY DON'T. Candy Corn?? Oh no, they don't have that either! 10 stores, over two days ....... NO candy corn, fo real ..... -.- I found it in a local drug store, and they had ONLY the amount we needed for the party, no extra for decorating cookies. Now to bake, like I said I'm not a baker ... oh ...ok the joke is old .... it just never ceases to amaze me how badly I can screw up baked goods. >_<
They burned, and the orange sugar I made to decorate them with was crusty and didn't show up well. soooo, lets put some chocolate on them .... melt chocolate chips, kill the chocolate ..too bad I'm not a ...oh sorry....but seriously, I have a certificate in that field, I KNOW chocolate :P It turned on me, so I try again, get it melted, dip them in, and viola. They are hard, a little to brown, with weird sugar on top, and messy chocolate over half, that I am sure some mom will greatly thank me for. :D WHatever, I'm done, I have 2 doz+, wrap them up, go out to car in POURING down rain, and go to put cookies on the other seat, and BAM the whole plate, upside down on the seat. .... o.0 really?? Good thing they are wrapped tight. scheeech! Maybe my hands are shaking because I didn't eat lunch? Oooor breakfast ... yeah, gotta get better at that :P
School, 1pm, help with Sams party, 2pm, scoot down hall to help with Grants, found out that stringing cranberries on fish line, not so easy, very tricky and probably not the best activity for 20+ kids hopped up on pumpkin pie and cake pops.
*****Side note .... What the HECK is a cake pop anyway? Where did these things come from? I do not like to eat cake, srsly, srsly ... I don't like it, not a huge fan of super sweet frosting, and i HATE nonpareils, so gag me on a stick dude ..... yeah ... not a huge fan, they have surpassed cupcakes on my annoyance chart. ...... cupcakes, another time, another post, another rant...***
Um, yeah, so, today, day before thanksgiving, no baking, no cleaning, no driving, it's weird, and no, I am not planning to shop, dude, I don't have any Christmas lists yet! I am speechless, and I am pretty sure Christmas is going to run past me before I even get the wreath out of storage ..... -.-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force.

As hard as i try, the Force is strong, and they keep trying to pull over the innocent to the dark side. (we left the kids alone with thier Grandparents for 30 minutes, and this is what i come back to! You just can't trust anyone! ) "Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke... Luke... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family." **sigh**, they ARE cute, maybe we could superimpose a Yankees symbol over her shirt? Then i could use it for Christmas pictures! :) "Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope." "Yoda spoke of another. " "The other he spoke of is your twin sister.........."

Wordless Wednesday #5 ..... Introducing .... HAGRID_da_pig =D

More Wordless Wednedays HERE

Almost Wordless Wednesday #24 .....why boys and girls are different ...TAKE 2

Their drastically different mothering skills are seen at a young age Girls..... annnnd BOYS ..... More Wordless Wednesdays HERE