Skip to main content

Marketing to the ill of conscience....

I just have to vent, it's been bugging me!
There are several commercials on TV that drive me batty, and shine a rather unattractive light on the thought processes of a nation that is vastly blessed and by a large percent, sadly spoiled.
These commercials throw around phrases like,
"No woman should have to suffer" ( selling electrolysis)
"you don't need to suffer any longer" (selling a temurpedic mattress )
"You deserve it" "Only the best is good enough for you"
"start thinking about you for once" "Indulge yourself"
They are selling THINGS! Things that aren't even that important. I mean, think about the mattress thing. Sure, we'd all love to sleep on sweedish foam, but isn't it amazing how quickly we can forget what a blessing it is to even have a decent bed to sleep on in the first place? How bout the fact that is really wasn't all that long ago that people slept on corncob mattress, feeling like kings. Now we are apparently suffering terrible on these plush double top king size mattress' we are forced to sleep on.
And that electrolysis ad just burns my toast! SUFFER? It's true no woman should suffer, but from domestic abuse, or prejudice, aids, starvation, improper medical care. But suffer from unwanted facial hair?! Seriously???? Have we stooped so low that THAT is what we Americans consider to be suffering?
OI! Maybe im reading into too deeply, but man, that kind of advertising is making me ill, every time i see it i yell at the TV or shut it off. I just can't listen. ANywho, just had to vent, if anyone has anything to ad, please do so!

Comments

  1. Amen sister.
    As much as I love our country and know that I'm blessed to have born here, I can't say I blame other countries for looking at us the way they do, if all they ever see is our ads, our (big budget, low quality) movies, and our magezine covers =P

    I promise you, Rest Of The World, not all of us are too busy getting the implants we "deserve" to send food!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force.

As hard as i try, the Force is strong, and they keep trying to pull over the innocent to the dark side. (we left the kids alone with thier Grandparents for 30 minutes, and this is what i come back to! You just can't trust anyone! ) "Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke... Luke... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family." **sigh**, they ARE cute, maybe we could superimpose a Yankees symbol over her shirt? Then i could use it for Christmas pictures! :) "Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope." "Yoda spoke of another. " "The other he spoke of is your twin sister.........."

"Lawsuit in Isle 5!"

Not to trump my sis in law with her HILARIOUS treadmill story, but it runs in the family, and we all like doing things together, so it's fitting i get to tell a whopper to :) So, like i said, we went to super bowl this weekend, but before that, i made a pit stop to get junk food, caffeine, pull ups and hat and gloves for grant. ( you can't send them to Mamaw's house with no hat and gloves *lol* ) so. i went in, got my stuff, went to check out, and as im finally getting to the checkout, i start to chat with the normal seeming guy behind the register, as my children begin a high pitched terror induced scream. I prepare myself not to scream back at them and turn to see the cart.... the empty shopping cart with Sammy strapped in the seat, careening over onto it's side, on top of my 4 year old who is clutched to the edge with a "I'm gonna die" look on his face. I leap, leaving my wallet and card for anyone to swipe on the counter, and i grab the side of the car

Wordless Wednesday #5 ..... Introducing .... HAGRID_da_pig =D

More Wordless Wednedays HERE