Skip to main content

"Lawsuit in Isle 5!"



Not to trump my sis in law with her HILARIOUS treadmill story, but it runs in the family, and we all like doing things together, so it's fitting i get to tell a whopper to :)

So, like i said, we went to super bowl this weekend, but before that, i made a pit stop to get junk food, caffeine, pull ups and hat and gloves for grant. ( you can't send them to Mamaw's house with no hat and gloves *lol* )
so. i went in, got my stuff, went to check out, and as im finally getting to the checkout, i start to chat with the normal seeming guy behind the register, as my children begin a high pitched terror induced scream.
I prepare myself not to scream back at them and turn to see the cart.... the empty shopping cart with Sammy strapped in the seat, careening over onto it's side, on top of my 4 year old who is clutched to the edge with a "I'm gonna die" look on his face.
I leap, leaving my wallet and card for anyone to swipe on the counter, and i grab the side of the cart just before it hits the boy on the floor, but he won't let go, convinced he is going to die, he stays firmly gripped to the side, and poor Sammy, is hanging nearly upside down, petrified, wailing, and I'm trying to hug her with my left arm while futilely trying to pick up the cart with my right hand.
I know what you are thinking, "was there ANYONE else in the store? Did NONE see this predicament?" thats what i started to think, as the clerk stood rooted to the spot, watching, the couple behind me watched like it was a circus. Finally, some good Samaritan from 3 isles over, ran to my aid, picked the cart up with both hands, and set it back upright.
i was soo flustered, and thanked the guy multiple times as he glared down the clerk, who was nervously asking if my kids were ok, did i think they were hurt? He even called a "CSM to ISLE 5" ..... he was afraid i would sue! I was worried for Sam's sides, for Grants head, and ankles, and he was worried about a lawsuit!
OI!
soo, anyway, i got the kids to mamaw's house, got myself back into character for the teens and the event ahead, and didn't give it another thought.
Until, half way to Albany, while watching Shrek the third on the bus, my finger was throbbing, and swelling. The more i tried to pop it, or crack it, the worse it got, and it hit me ..... did i hurt it? Did i do something to it?
By the end of the evening, after a hockey game, 3 hour rally, 3 hours of bounce world, dodge ball and soccer, (all of which i only watched!) then 3 hours of pizza and roller blading, it was determined that it's broken. yup, my right index finger, broken at the top knuckle. :(
I imobilzed it with my first aid kit at home, and it throbs if i try picking up kids, or typing too much, or anything normal, needed, regular household stuff. NOT helpful :P I will look into a doc visit maybe just to find out what i should do.
So, there is the finger owie story :)

OWIEEE


Comments

  1. i wanted to jump in the story and help you out!! glad the kids are doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh owie!! Sorry about your finger :( Don't you love it when people do "that"? Just stand back and watch like you are the store's amusement for the day?? LOL Thank goodness for people like the one who finally rescued you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's the finger? been to see the doc?

    ReplyDelete
  4. meh well, it's most certainly hurted LOL
    I didnt go to the doc, no time in my schedule for such things
    heehee
    but now i have a real splint, and tomorrow i am sure to get tons of "doctorly" advice from Mike's family over the turkey table :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force.

As hard as i try, the Force is strong, and they keep trying to pull over the innocent to the dark side. (we left the kids alone with thier Grandparents for 30 minutes, and this is what i come back to! You just can't trust anyone! ) "Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke... Luke... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family." **sigh**, they ARE cute, maybe we could superimpose a Yankees symbol over her shirt? Then i could use it for Christmas pictures! :) "Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope." "Yoda spoke of another. " "The other he spoke of is your twin sister.........."

Wordless Wednesday #5 ..... Introducing .... HAGRID_da_pig =D

More Wordless Wednedays HERE

Almost Wordless Wednesday #24 .....why boys and girls are different ...TAKE 2

Their drastically different mothering skills are seen at a young age Girls..... annnnd BOYS ..... More Wordless Wednesdays HERE