Skip to main content

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

Several years ago i pegged that as my life verse, my chief ambition. My lifelong goal is to stand before my Saviour in Heaven and hear the words, "Well done, my good and FAITHFUL servant."
So, my trip to blue field West Virginia with 16 teenagers, was in fact life changing. In very small ways, but very cool.
I now have Fan girls LOL! and i love them dearly, a gaggle of jr high gigglers have claimed me as their own. They run up to me in church and hug me and say good morning and are really happpy to see me, they even went to the Sunday school director and suggested he "fix it" so Mrs Doenges is the Jr High teacher in the fall. Heeheehee so cute :)
I learned new ways to be a servant. I also liked that we took upon ourselves as a team to be the servants of the week. We were last in line to eat first in line to help, my little team was the fastest dinner crew of the week!
I learned that most of the time teenagers are LOUD for NO GOOD Reason, and can get on nerves almost as fast as toddlers, BUT, i also learned that if you keep listening through all the noise, they are VERY wise when plugged into God. The problem is, you have to be Humble enough to hear it. If you are truly a servant, then no matter who speaks the truth, even a gangly kid15 years younger than you, you will hear it, and recognize it as a memo from God, and take it to heart.
I still Love teenage boys, always have always will, LOL they are so fun, and goofy, and dorky, and they make me laugh! I had a van full of boys, most of whom i hadn't spoken a full sentence to in the past year, all in my van, as we drive the winding roads of West Virginia, they were all singing "Next time he cheats" by carrie underwood,.....word for word ..... I nearly wrecked the car laughing so hard.
I have eyes to see clearly now, with no bias, who is who, who is plugged into God, who is playing at religion, who needs help, and also, i have more compassion. Never been a huge mushy person, emotional YES, but mushy, naaw. I spent a week with 5 teen girls at my side *LOL* I spent a week in the trenches of poverty in america. Its so hard to imagine that this country can have such poverty, but i saw it, in the shadow of the beautiful smokey mountains. In places it looked much like Rutland, which made me shiver, and realize how much my hometown needs us.
I have been re-evaluating my friendships, and have made some interesting discoveries, I have implemented this new *compassion* of mine, and have slowly let an old friend back in knowing she "Isn't entirely stable" *lol* but, as long as we can talk and "don't get stubborn with each other" i think we will be okay.
i could go on and on and on, but my muffin is nearly gone, and my coffee IS :o oh nuu! I hope this wasnt too boring, i just needed to say some of it out loud, errm, type it out loud? heehee
if you wanna see pictures go to my myspace and check out my photo album.
----> CLICK HERE for my MySpace <----
(you have to be logged into myspace :) )

thanks for listening :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force.

As hard as i try, the Force is strong, and they keep trying to pull over the innocent to the dark side. (we left the kids alone with thier Grandparents for 30 minutes, and this is what i come back to! You just can't trust anyone! ) "Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke... Luke... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family." **sigh**, they ARE cute, maybe we could superimpose a Yankees symbol over her shirt? Then i could use it for Christmas pictures! :) "Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope." "Yoda spoke of another. " "The other he spoke of is your twin sister.........."

Wordless Wednesday #5 ..... Introducing .... HAGRID_da_pig =D

More Wordless Wednedays HERE

Almost Wordless Wednesday #24 .....why boys and girls are different ...TAKE 2

Their drastically different mothering skills are seen at a young age Girls..... annnnd BOYS ..... More Wordless Wednesdays HERE